Friday, October 3, 2008

Wii Finally Offer Something For Hardcore Gamers

Wii has been something of a novelty product for me; it's not something I have to have, but would be a fun system to play on occasionally. This is because Nintendo tried so hard to capture larger crowd, that is the "casual" audience, that they pretty much didn't put much effort in developing more serious titles for more "hardcore" audience. This is obvious if you consider their choice of executive officers and who they picked to come up to the stage at E3 2008 press conference and kick off the show: Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo's VP of sales and marketing.

However, with the announcement of Vanillaware, the creator of much-beloved Odin Sphere, bringing their next title, Oboro Muramasa Youtouden, a beautiful 2D action RPG just like the previous title, to Wii, Nintendo finally got me seriously interested in their system. I was 'meh' at Mario, Zelda, and any other titles they had, but this, I really want to play.

But let me keep myself from dishing in heavy investment into Wii just yet, until they truely convince me that there are more titles like this on the horizon, or I'm sure I'll regret it later...

1 comment:

Doc said...

YESS!!!!! Vanilla ware!! finally you have reason to purchase Wii +_+